Monday, May 02, 2005

Blind-Sighted

Imagine a square within a square. This is what my office looks like. The perimeter of the larger square is lined with offices and conference rooms, while the perimeter of the smaller square is essentially the “hallway” for the entire floor. Between the hallway and the offices are all the open cubes where peons, like myself, are seated.

This type of office set-up lends itself to four very blind turns when walking along the hallway. For example, not long ago I left my cube to use the restroom – a journey that requires two blind turns. As I made the first turn, I threw off the balance of someone coming the other direction. The poor guy ended up stutter-stepping, losing his balance, and running into the wall, all as a result of my unexpected arrival.

Someone here needs to install those mirrors that allow us to see around corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home